Recently we spoke about negative-pressure machines. A similar device is a negative air scrubber, portable air scrubber, or machine that uses circulation in rooms to remove the dust, fibers, gasses, chemicals, and other particulates found in the air.
Negative air machines and air scrubbers are closely related, however, the difference between these machines is that negative air seals off the contaminated air from other sectors of facilities. Negative air scrubbers can “scrub” the air. Airborne pathogens that have attached themselves to material objects in the room will remain attached to those surfaces while using an air scrubber.
How do air scrubbers & portable air scrubbers work?
- Stage one is where large particulates are trapped, still allowing air to pass through.
- Stage two is made of carbon which will adsorb gas and other invisible to the eye molecules. These molecules are the ones that typically can be identified via the odors they let off.
- Stage three is where HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filtration traps 99.97% of particulates as small as 0.3 microns.
How can commercial air scrubbers help my healthcare or hospital facility?
With infection running through hospitals and healthcare facilities, it is vitally important to control the pathogen circulation.
With a negative air machine present, it can provide hospital spaces with negative pressure, cutting off the spread of contaminated air to the rest of the facility. Air scrubbers with their three-stage filtration have almost the same effect as negative-pressure machines.
Other Industry Uses:
- Restoration Jobs: Airborne particulates are present at most worksites; however, these particles provide a toxic odor as well as bacteria resulting in lung damage upon inhaling. Air scrubbers will remove dust, debris, and excess water from the air, restoring the state of the room.
- Remodeling or Construction Projects: Airborne pollutants at construction sites range from hazardous dust to fibers. Air scrubbers will remove these contaminants from the air.
- Remediation Projects: Substances, such as mold and asbestos, use negative air machines to isolate the particulates, while the air scrubber filters the microscopic particulates in the air.
- Salons & Printing Shops: Due to the hazardous nature of hair dye fumes and printing ink fumes, these must be scrubbed from the air.
Industrial Vacuum Equipment Corporation understands the need for scrubbing the air within facilities that are exposed to dust, particulates, viruses, and various other contaminants. We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions regarding our machines, our portable air scrubbers, and our air scrubber capabilities.